No landline? No problem!
By the end of 2025 all traditional phone and business ISDN lines will be switched off and withdrawn from service, and will be the end of traditional methods of making and receiving phone calls.The phone line in its traditional sense will no longer exist, which is a huge step forward since historically you would need a phone line before you could have a broadband service such as FTTC installed. SOGEA (Single Order Generic Ethernet Access) is a broadband-only FTTC replacement (and SOTAP is a broadband-only ADSL replacement in areas where FTTC isn’t yet available). These new services provide customers with increased reliability and cost reduction.
So, this is a shake up for some organisations, who still rely on traditional phone lines to communicate, rather than Internet telephony (or VoIP as it is commonly known). An increasing number of exchanges have already stopped taking orders for telephone lines, and with SOGEA being quicker and easier to install, you should start thinking about when, rather than why?.
Benefits of SOGEA
- Improved reliability of Internet connections, which are often caused by telephone line faults
- Potential cost savings due to no requirement for a phone line
- Encouraging home workers and businesses to consolidate voice and data requirements onto a single Internet services
What are your options?
If you have an existing line then with us then you can:
- Migrate your existing broadband services to SOGEA (or variant).
- Port your existing telephone number(s) to our VoIP network
- Get an Internet telephone line and a handset (optional)
- Order a brand new SOGEA service for Internet access and Internet telephony services
Can I get Internet voice services with my SOGEA connection?
All of our SOGEA installations come with telephony services included. You can migrate your existing telephone numbers to our Internet telephony network. Multi-line services, such as ISDN are catered for with SIP trunks and DDI number ranges.
When do you need to think about ordering SOGEA?
Most exchanges now offer SOGEA migrations so if you are considering migrating then please contact us to get things kicked off.
Telappliant have been providing managed services to UK business for over 20 years. Our highly qualified service team are always on hand to offer support and guidance about advances and changes in technology for business.